3/12/07

I was worried for a while there --

How cool is this guy? Well, my blog is called literary hipster nerd ... I guess this post covers the nerd part. When I was in university, one of my profs, Alexandra Bennett (I wonder what ever happened to her?) really opened up the world of Shakespeare to me. When I was in high school, I was like, Shakespeare, whatever. Who doth spake like this anyway? But if one gets a really good teacher who can unlock the genius that is the Bard, well, it's life changing. I have joined the club that agrees that he was/is a genius. Among other things, he was the forerunner of modern psychology. He just got it. And he was able to break it down for the peeps of his day. He was a giant among artists and it is a shame that the younger generations (easy grandma) are not taught to appreciate him.
Nick Craine, I was told as I listened to the CBC this morning, is creating a comic book/graphic novel on Shakespeare. Oooh, I am squeeling .... I can't wait to see this. But, the reason for the a while there -- was because this movie was #1! WTF?! Is this some sick joke? Who is going to watch this excrement? Would someone please tell me? 'cause I don't get it.

No comments: