8/20/09

Gin and Tonic Cupcake


What a brilliant idea! A gin and tonic cupcake! I am surprised I didn't think of that myself. I prefer Mimosas on hot summer mornings -- er-- I mean evenings, but I would give these a taste test ... or 4. Here's the recipe and enjoy!

Ingredients
Cake
2 medium egg whites
Pinch of sea salt
1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
1/2 cup confectioner's sugar, sifted
1/4 cup flour
1 1/2 tablespoons tonic water
Frosting
1/2 cup mascarpone
1 tablespoon gin
2 tablespoons corn syrup
Green food coloring
Lime slices covered in sugar or jellied lime or lemon slices, for garnish
Directions
Preheat the oven to 325° Fahrenheit. With an electric hand mixer, beat the egg whites in a large bowl with salt and cream of tartar until they are risen. Now beat in the sugar, a couple of tablespoons at a time, sprinkling it over the egg whites and beating about 20 seconds with each addition. Fold the sifted flour into the meringue in three stages, and then stir in the tonic water.
Arrange muffin paper baking cups inside a muffin tin and fill two thirds full. Bake for 15-20 minutes until lightly golden on the surface and still springy to the touch. Remove and let cool.
Spoon mascarpone into a bowl and beat in the gin and then the syrup and tint it the palest green with a little food coloring. Fill a icing bag or ziploc with the tip cut off to frost the cupcakes.
Use a decorative toothpick to spear lime slices in sugar or jellied candies and insert one into each cupcake.
Makes 12 cupcakes.

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good news

We do not agree with this year Brit awards decision.

Please go to see our little web poll

http://micropoll.com/t/KDqOnZBCWt

Lady Gaga can not be better than Madonna

Poll supported by BRIT awards 2010 sponsor femmestyle
[url=http://www.femmestyle.ch/schoenheitschirurgie/bruststraffung/index.html]bruststraffung[/url]

Pet Shop Boys surprise lucky BRITs fan with a MasterCard Priceless Gig in their living room

Anonymous said...

Hi there! I could have sworn I've been to this website before but after reading through some of the post I realized it's new to me.
Nonetheless, I'm definitely glad I found it and I'll be book-marking
and checking back frequently!

Have a look at my web page :: Nasenoperation

Anonymous said...

I just could not go away your web site before suggesting that I
extremely loved the usual info a person supply on your guests?
Is gonna be again continuously to check out new posts

Anonymous said...

No matter if some one searches for his essential thing, so
he/she needs to be available that in detail, thus that
thing is maintained over here.

Anonymous said...

Way cool! Some very valid points! I appreciate you penning this post
and the rest of the website is very good.

Anonymous said...

Very good article. I definitely appreciate this site.
Keep it up!

Anonymous said...

Hello There. I found your blog using msn. This is an extremely well written article.
I will be sure to bookmark it and come back to
read more of your useful information. Thanks for the post.
I will definitely return.

Anonymous said...

This website was... how do I say it? Relevant!! Finally I've found something that helped me.
Thank you!

Anonymous said...

Attractive section of content. I just stumbled upon your website and in accession capital to assert that I
acquire in fact enjoyed account your weblog posts. Anyway
I'll be subscribing for your feeds and even I achievement you get
entry to consistently quickly.

Anonymous said...

It's very easy to find out any topic on net as compared to textbooks, as
I found this article at this website.

Anonymous said...

This blog was... how do I say it? Relevant!! Finally I have found something that helped me.
Cheers!

Anonymous said...

Hi there! Would you mind if I share your blog with my facebook group?

There's a lot of people that I think would really appreciate your content.
Please let me know. Thank you

peawry said...

Please!

peawry said...

What is your Facebook group?

Anonymous said...

I constantly emailed this webpage post page to all my friends, for the reason that if like to read it after that my contacts will too.